Fruit Crumble Bars
These crumbly, buttery fruit bars are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth! They come together super quickly, and you’ll only need one mixing bowl. You can use any jam to use in these bars, but my favorite is the Bonne Maman Four Fruits preserves.
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or old fashioned oatmeal (not instant!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- about 3/4 cup fruit jam of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your baking pan with either butter or nonstick spray. You can use a square 8x8 pan or a round 9 inch pan.
2. Combine flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter, and mix until combined.
3. Gently press half of the dough in to the bottom of the prepared pan. I recommend stirring the jar of jam before gently spreading it out over the dough, leaving at least a 1/4 inch border along each edge. Sprinkle remaining dough over the top all the way to the edges, and then press gently to form the top layer.
4. Bake until top is golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let the pan cool completely before cutting in to bars with a butter knife.
I hope you enjoy these bars as much as I do! They rarely last for more than a few days in my house. Let me know in the comments which jam you decide to try!